1. Do not come to Quidi Vidi with a full belly. Every resident and their dog will offer you a meal.
2. Do not walk through town if you're in a hurry. You'll get into more conversations than you can count.
3. Seagulls are perhaps the most vicious animal to walk the face of the earth. Throw a piece of fish into the water, and you'll swear they are piranha.
4. Bring every piece of clothing that you can think of. The weather goes through all five seasons in one day. It may be cold and clear one minute, then windy and hot the next. I half expect it to be raining frogs tomorrow.
5. DO NOT call the villagers townies. While technically Quidi Vidi is part of the St. John's now, the village does not consider itself a part of it.
6. Always bring a camera. There is always something worth taking a picture of here, whether it be the scenery or the people.
|A misty day in Quidi Vidi|